WHY CHOOSE AHD?
- AHD is knowledgeable in the Aging-In-Place industry. This is a very specialized area and one that takes a vast amount of training and years of experience.
- There are very few CAPS-Designated Professionals who are also licensed healthcare professionals in South Carolina. This is an essential component of the home assessment process for clients needing adaptive home remodeling and assistive equipment.
- We understand your needs...we have first-hand experience living with disabilities.
- We cater to the unique needs of each clients, regardless of age, disability or budget.
- We really care about your input. AHD considers the client and caregivers an integral member of the team.
- AHD's assessments enable us to find you the best solutions for your specific needs and budget.
- Customer service is our #1 consideration.
Homeowners, individual(s) with a disability, grown children of older parents, caregivers of a loved one with a disability or parent of a child with a disability:
- Whether you are a senior having increased difficulty functioning in your home or a person with a disability, AHD takes your goals, needs, wishes, diagnoses and budget into account.
- We offer accessibility assessment services to evaluate your home, inside and out, and provide a detailed report for your home modification project.
- Report details include: photos, specific recommendations for your home adaptation, product suggestions, plus much more.
- We also provide "coordination" services to remain with you throughout the duration of the project, working with you, the contractors, designers, architects, attorneys and any other stakeholders that may be involved.
- We provide existing home remodeling and pre-build consultation services in the areas of Accessible Design, Aging In Place, Assistive Technology, Universal Design and Visitability.
- AHDs services include: remodeling and modification options, Assistive Technology equipment recommendations, and many other solutions for most accessibility challenges.
Remodelers, Contractors, Architects, Interior Designers & Other Building Professionals:
- We give your company a competitive edge over others due to our background as Health Care Professionals, Certified Aging In Place Specialists (CAPS) and proficiency with assistive technology.
- AHD can work with you as a team member, allowing you to offer a meaningful perspective to your (prospective) clients who not only give you an advantage over your competitors, but also peace of mind that our assessments are derived from medical, aging in place, assistive technology and first-hand experience frames of reference.
- If you’re considering building a single or multi-family development, we can make suggestions to make the property a “livable” residence, open to broader segments of the population, including older adults and persons with disabilities.